As part of the early spring cleaning in the kitchen I usually check what chutneys and preserves we have in the cupboard. It gives me a chance to see what we have left and to move older jars to the front of the shelves for immediate consumption. This year we are doing rather well, although we are getting through the four fruit marmalade I made from oranges, lemon, lime and grapefruit in January this year.
From 2015 we still have:
- Tomato and red pepper relish
- Spiced tomato relish
- Spiced marrow/courgette and bean chutney
- Glutney chutney (based on a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe)
- Piccalilli (Waitrose recipe http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/p/piccalilli.html)
- Piccalilli (Hairy Bikers recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/hot_mustard_pickle_87973)
From 2014 I discovered lurking at the back of the cupboard:
- Rowan, rose hip, hawthorn and apple jelly
- Spiced blackberry and apple jam
- Spiced damson chutney - 2014 was a bumper year for damsons, which was just as well as 2015 was rather disappointing.
Supplies should last until production starts again later this year!